We know that talking about a substance problem involving you or a loved one can feel overwhelming. At Rosecrance, we want to make the first step as simple as possible. It begins with a phone call.
The phone call
At Rosecrance, we have caring and professional staff to answer your initial call 24 hours a day, seven days a week. Call 815-391-1000 or 888-928-5278 to speak with us confidentially.
During this initial conversation, Rosecrance will gather general information from you and ask about the nature of your concern. We will help you understand and take the next step in substance abuse recovery: A scheduled assessment.
Rosecrance’s walk-in assessments are a community service designed for individuals who need an assessment for substance abuse treatment. Clients do not need an appointment. The assessment is free. Assessments are administered at:
Rosecrance Ware Center
2704 North Main Street, Rockford, IL 61103.
This service is designed for local clients involved with a community service agency such as probation or child welfare. If you have questions as to whether this service would be appropriate for you or for your referral, please contact the Rosecrance Access Center at 815.391.1000.
- Walk-in assessments will be offered Monday through Friday.
- Open for business at 8:00 a.m.
- Registration is first come, first served.
- Registrants will be assigned an appointment after arrival.
Items required at time of walk-in assessment:
- Picture ID
- Insurance/medical card (if insured) or Medicaid/Medicare card
- Proof of income (example: bank statement, check stub, W2 form, tax return, unemployment letter, disability letter) If no income: proof of income letter from social security showing FICA earnings/no earnings.
- Appointments are usually 45-60 minutes.
- Clients may wait for their designated appointment time or leave and return within 15 minutes of the scheduled time slot. Please note, if a client is late for the appointment, he/she risks losing the spot for that day.
Rosecrance has assessment forms available that you can fill out and bring to your assessment appointment. Click on the listings below to go to a printable version of the form.