Teen substance abuse services
Addressing a teen’s struggle with substance abuse means understanding the emotional, developmental, physical, psychological, familial, social and cultural factors involved in their addiction. At Rosecrance, we have developed an evidence-based program that incorporates clinical, medical, educational and experiential therapies into a comprehensive individualized treatment plan.
Your length of stay in any treatment programs is dependent on your progress and accomplishment of treatment goals — as determined by you, your counselor and, when appropriate, your family.
- To validate feelings experienced by the family due to the addiction of a loved one
- To educate the family about addiction as a brain disease
- To help the family understand the progression of the disease
- To introduce the family to the Twelve Steps of Recovery
- To educate the family about the role of enabling in the disease progression
- To educate the family regarding positive communication and promote the detachment process
- To help the family identify healthy recovery and healthy adolescent behaviors
- To educate the family about the relapse process
- To send a message of hope through recovery
Saturdays, 9:30 a.m. to 3 p.m.
- Neurobiological framework of substance use disorders
- Development of symptoms
- Family recovery
Sundays, 9:30 a.m. to 3 p.m.
- Rebuilding communication and trust
- Preparing for transitions
- Wellness recovery
For more information on the Family Education Weekend and area hotel and lodging information, click here.
A: Participation is strongly recommended. Studies have shown that the more the family is involved in the treatment process, the more positive the outcome for the adolescent and family.
Q: Is there a fee for any family services?
A: No, there is no additional cost for any of the services. We do, however, ask for a nominal donation to cover the cost of food during family education weekend.
Q: Who should attend/participate in family services?
A: Family support services are provided for all family members including aunts, uncles and grandparents if they are a strong support to the patient. We discourage participation of small children during the family education weekend. Participation is limited to individuals on the approved visitors log.
Q: How do I prevent my loved one from relapsing?
A: Rosecrance will guide you through the process of understanding your role in supporting your loved one’s recovery though the services we provide.