Join us for our #InMyShoes Twitter Chat!
WHO: Rosecrance; Mary Egan, addiction counselor; and anyone else who is interested in joining us!
WHAT: A one-hour Twitter chat about “Beaches, BBQs & Brews: Protecting Teens from Summertime Party Pastimes,” offering parents tips and strategies for talking to their teens about issues such as substance use and abuse
WHERE: This is a virtual event. Click here to view the chat.
WHEN: Wednesday, May 13, 2015 at 7:00 pm CT
On Wednesday, May 13 at 7 pm CT, Rosecrance will host a one-hour Twitter chat moderated by @RosecranceNews and featuring addiction counselor, Mary Egan.
The #InMyShoes chat, “Beaches, BBQs & Brews: Protecting Teens from Summertime Party Pastimes,” will focus on potential summertime risks and offer parents tips and strategies for talking to their teens about tough issues such as teen substance use and abuse, helping them understand what it is like to walk in their shoes.
This is a time when parents need to be involved in their teens’ lives and help them navigate complex issues. While many parents may think of their teens as grown-ups, teenagers have said this is a time when they need their parents the most, especially on tough topics.
We hope you can join us on Wednesday, May 13 at 7 pm for this informative chat.
Not familiar with Twitter? We can help you sign up. Click here, and follow the steps.
- Resources for Parents
- Teens & Weed: Still a Big Deal – A parent’s guide to talking with a teenager about marijuana
- Teens & DXM: Everything a parent needs to know about cough & cold medicine
What is the “In My Shoes” traveling art exhibit?
Click here to find out.
- To start your account, go to Twitter.com/signup.
- Follow the instructions at Twitter. They’re easy, and it’s free to join.
- In your Twitter account, type “Rosecrance News” into the search box at the top.
- The icon for Rosecrance News will appear to the left under “People.” Click on it.
- When you see the Profile Summary box for Rosecrance News, click on “Follow.”