Participants will learn:
- The five prevention strategies and how these relate to our larger community
- The effects of substance abuse on adolescent development
- Signs and symptoms of abuse and dependency
- The impact of alcoholism and other substance abuse on systems such as the family, school, workplace and community
- The roles and behaviors within a family affected by substance dependence
- Pharmacology and drug trends
Registration is free. Seven IAODAPCA CEUs and seven educational CPDUs offered with this training.